Summary: Greets guests, operates multi-line telephone system to answer incoming calls. Completes a variety of administrative duties. Answers questions about Shea’s and provides callers with general and ticket information.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Retrieves messages from voice mail and forwards to appropriate personnel.
- Answers incoming telephone calls to determines purpose of calls, and forward calls to appropriate personnel or department.
- Takes and delivers messages or transfers calls to voice mail when appropriate personnel are unavailable.
- Welcomes on-site visitors, determines nature of business, and announces visitors to appropriate personnel.
- Runs daily ticket sales and emails report to booking agencies.
- Picks up mail from PO Box in the morning and drops off mail to Post Office daily.
- Accepts deliveries and notifies appropriate departments.
- Assist with forwarding and answering patron services emails.
- Maintains fax, copy and postage machines, assists users, sends faxes, and retrieves and routes incoming faxes.
- Orders, receives, and maintains office supplies.
- Creates and prints fax cover sheets, correspondence, calendar of events, and other documents.
- Performs other clerical duties such as filing, photocopying, collating and mailings.
- Support ticket office with orders, procedures and organization.
- Assist other departments with projects as needed.
Qualified candidates will have the following skills and abilities:
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Addresses problems directly with the individual involved.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
- Written Communication – Writes strongly, clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Presents numerical data effectively.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs.
- Proficiency with computer applications: Outlook, Word, Excel and Publisher.
- Occasional high traffic and fast-paced environment. Regular 40-hour work week.
- High School Diploma
- 1-2 years office/customer service experience
Shea’s Performing Arts Center will not discriminate on the basis of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, gender identity, genetic information, sex or sexual orientation, or any other protected category in its hiring and employment practices, or in any other aspect of the employment relationship.