The Staff Accountant supports the accounting department of Shea’s mainly by summarizing detailed information, the culmination of which is to record transactions in the General Ledger as journal entries. The position also supports Accounts Payable and performs special projects as needed.
- Daily responsibilities include collecting transaction summaries from the Box Office and preparing daily ticket journal entry. Collection of concession deposits by show, summarize and prepare journal entry.
- Weekly responsibilities include downloading of general banking activity and preparing entries as necessary, preparing wage summaries by show, preparing closing entries for shows, matching and entering accounts payable
- Monthly responsibilities include summarizing box office sales and accounts receivable, recording repetitive monthly journal entries, summarizing and recording monthly volunteer activity.
- Other responsibilities include importing budget information by project into accounting software and assistance with year-end audit schedules.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum Associates Degree in Accounting required; additional upper level accounting course work/experience preferred.
- Minimum 3 years detailed accounting experience encouraged. Relevant experience may be substituted for degree.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be detail-oriented, is able to self-start.
- Multi-task, prioritization abilities are essential.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Working knowledge of computers and office software including Blackbaud, Excel and Word.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter, resume, and professional references to where noted on the site or send via postal mail to: Shea’s Performing Arts Center, Staff Accountant Position, PO Box 1130, Buffalo, NY 14205.