Responsible for cleaning and maintaining buildings managed by Shea’s Performing Arts Center, keeping all areas neat and tidy.
- Clean and sanitize restrooms/bathrooms using established practices and procedures; refill restroom dispensers.
- Clean, dust, and wipe furniture; sweep, mop, or vacuum floors; empty/clean wastebaskets and trash containers; empty and clean cigarette urns; replace light bulbs.
- Assist with the setup of facilities for meetings, weddings, conferences, events, etc.
- Strip, clean, buff and apply floor sealer and floor finish to hard surface floors, vacuum carpets.
- Use and maintain assigned power equipment and hand tools; buffers, high pressure washers, vacuums, brooms, and mops for the cleaning and general maintenance of floors, walls, carpets, furniture, etc.
- Wash walls and windows; use ladders when required in work assignments.
- Secure building when facilities are not in use checking for unlocked doors; turn off lights.
- Perform cleaning and related activities such as removing snow or debris from sidewalks and stairs surrounding buildings by using hand-operated tools or small power equipment.
- Handle recycling materials.
- Work at assigned performances to keep all public areas visitor-ready.
- Follow instructions regarding the use of chemicals and supplies. Use as directed.
- Safely operate all job related equipment.
- Support and adhere to all policies, safety regulations and guidelines.
- Report damages and acts of vandalism.
- Perform additional job related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma / GED
- Previous cleaning experience a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- team player
- decision making skills
- problem solving skills
- effective listening skills
- communications skills
- time management skills
- work with little supervision
- demonstrated cultural sensitivity and awareness