Position Summary: The Supervisor of Events & Hospitality is responsible for all hospitality services at Shea’s Performing Arts Center including, but not limited to, Concessions and Bar operations at Shea’s Buffalo, Shea’s Smith Theatre and Shea’s 710 Main theatre, Front of House Services in Shea’s Bistro and Bar, Donor Lounge and Box Seat set up at all public shows and public and private events. They will be the acting supervisor for the hospitality department when the Manager of Events & Hospitality is not present. They will work with all departments of Shea’s to ensure the highest level of patron and client satisfaction at Shea’s Performing Arts Center.
- Customer Service – interacts with patrons, donors, vendors and clients of Shea’s at shows and private events. Must maintain a pleasant and welcoming demeanor at all times.
- Presentation- Ensure that all public areas of Shea’s venues are presentable and Patron-ready at all functions. Includes keeping proper inventory levels of linen, communicating with Environmental Services Department any areas needing attention, keeping all concession counters full, clean and organized (candy neat and uniform), researching display ideas/units to enhance our concession areas.
- Set up – set up the following areas to prepare for patrons: concession counters and bar areas, box seats, donors lounge, lobbies. Set up includes ensuring that the lobbies look pristine (clean linens, organized counters, no clutter etc…), candy counters fully stocked, perishable items prepared and displayed (nuts, pretzels, cookies), box seats and donors lounge stocked and presentable.
- Inventory – responsible for stocking and rotating inventory (first in, first out), physical count of full inventory monthly, report to the Manager of E & H regarding shortages and overages, research concessions and bar trends and make suggestions to increase sales.
- Box Seats- Communicate with Manager of Events & Hospitality about the needs of box rental clients and fulfill client obligations on performance dates.
- Shea’s Bistro & Bar – supervise all Front of House operations in the Bistro including, scheduling reservations, leading servers/ hostesses and food runners, creating specialty cocktail lists themed to shows and events, ensuring POS system has current menus and pricing, creating nightly floor plans.
- Ensure compliance with all NYS Liquor License and Erie County Health Code regulations.
- Act as Manager on Duty to all Assistants, bartenders, Spotlight Volunteers, Servers, Hostesses & Food runners when Manager of Events & Hospitality is not present.
- Responsible for all safe contents. Count all received monies at conclusion of event, complete event/ show reports and take deposits to the bank. Complete daily safe count to ensure all contents are accurate.
- Volunteers – sign in and assign Spotlight Volunteers at the beginning of their shifts. Ensure volunteers have everything required to work in their location. Enter volunteer schedules into Access Database.
- Work with Director of Events & Hospitality, House Managers, Manager of Events & Hospitality and others to ensure patron experience is excellent and safe by conducting volunteer and staff trainings.
- Book all wedding photos and marquee rentals, by communicating with the renter, securing time on schedule, collecting payment and arranging appropriate staffing.
- Assist Manager of Events & Hospitality in securing new rental events by conducting site tours and reaching out to prospective new clients (hosting open houses, email blasts, creating prospect lists).
- Facilitate all steps of the rental process including providing rental quotes, securing deposits and final payments and securing insurance from the client. Meet with the client to assure an event timeline and logistics. Coordinate rental logistics with appropriate vendors (florists, musicians, DJs, rental companies etc…) Complete event rental worksheet. Meet with appropriate departments to implement accurate set up (environmental services, box office, and production).
- Act as Manager on Duty during rental events when Manager of Hospitality is not present. Be day of contact for the client, staff and vendor to ensure timeline and logistics are all maintained. In case of emergency work with US Security staff to carry out appropriate action (evacuation, ejection of drunk, uninvited or unruly person etc.
- Have strong working knowledge of all areas of Shea’s Performing Arts Center, including all light switches, doors and locks, alarms, fire panels and marquees.
- Work with Manager of Events & Hospitality to complete all internal catering/ concession needs (meeting set up, coffee/ water stocking etc…), payroll, purchase order and check request processing.
Education and Experience:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree, ideally in Hospitality or Event Planning
- Minimum of 2 years of Customer Service Experience, restaurant experience preferred
- Experience with cloud-based POS systems, Lightspeed or similar experience preferred
- Bartending Knowledge, TiPS certification preferred
- Serve Safe Certification preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Event Planning
- Customer Service minded
- Working finance knowledge
- Problem-solving skills
- Food & Beverage Knowledge (health code standards, trends etc…)
- Supervisory Skills – leading staff, coordinating service for private and public events
- Computer Skills – Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Publisher, Power Point, Outlook
Physical Requirements/ Working Conditions: Please click the link to review.