The Public Relations and Content Strategy Associate is responsible for public relations and content strategy for all three of Shea’s Performing Arts Center venues, nurturing a strong industry network, and increasing awareness by developing and executing effective communication and media relations programs. Also responsible for inbound marketing strategies, including social media, blogs, and lead generation. Develop engaging content and PR campaigns to attract and retain customers. Expand Shea’s digital footprint, brand awareness, and media relationships.
- Design content for public relations/marketing strategies and set short-term goals by delivering engaging content on a regular basis.
- Develop public relations strategy, seeking high-level placement in print, broadcast, and online media.
- Coordinate and execute all public relations activities.
- Develop and execute social media campaigns for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other channels including designing headers and other graphic content.
- Develop annual editorial planning calendar; edit, proofread, and improve content.
- Assist in reviewing and updating the Shea’s website.
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within business and industry media.
- Manage media inquiries and interview requests.
- Create content for press releases, byline articles, and keynote presentations.
- Set-up and manage press conferences and media appearances.
- Create story angles, media advisories, press releases, press kits, and coordinate cast appearances.
- Conduct correspondence with local media and production companies to secure adequate press coverage.
- Monitor, analyze, and communicate results on a weekly basis.
- Build relationships with thought leaders and social media influencers.
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends affecting company and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy surrounding them.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- BA/MA degree in marketing, advertising, communications, or a related discipline
- A minimum of three years’ proven working experience in public relations and content marketing required
- Proven track record of designing and executing successful public relations and content marketing campaigns
- Understanding of web publishing requirements, email marketing, and hands-on experience with metrics
- Strong relationships with both local and regional media outlets preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Exceptional writing and editing skills; editorial mindset with ability to predict audience preferences
- Solid experience utilizing social media including website, blogs, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. to drive awareness, engage with patrons, and expand the PAC’s market. Ability to create engaging content, including graphic design.
- Event planning experience preferred
- Must be locally based (not suitable for remote work)
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be able to work full time; some nights and weekends are required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter, resume, and professional references to HR@sheas.org or send via postal mail to: Shea’s Performing Arts Center, Public Relations Position, PO Box 1130, Buffalo, NY 14205