Shea’s Performing Arts Center is seeking qualified candidates for a full-time Production Assistant to assist the Senior Production Manager on a daily basis with various production-related projects; Candidates must have the ability to multi-task and take an active role in meeting the needs of cross-functional project teams; assist at performances; provide support services for several departments. Scheduling flexibility is required. Specific hours worked and jobs assigned will vary according to production needs, performance schedules, and will include nights and weekends.
- Assist with scheduling of production staff and union labor.
- Liaise with show promoters to advance productions.
- Assist with the tracking of purchases and rentals required for productions.
- Compile labor reports, billing, and other information required for show settlements.
- Assist with production payroll management.
- Coordinate third-party on-site production needs such as caterers, video crews, and others.
- Assist travelling company/tour management with local production requests.
- Work all scheduled performances and problem-solve day of logistics.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree, ideally in Theatre Production or Theatre Management.
- Minimum of 2 years of production experience. (Stage Management experience is a plus.)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong working computer skills–Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Publisher, Power Point, Outlook
- Strong working knowledge of theatrical production procedures and practices; safety procedures.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize a time-sensitive workload
- Ability to make quick and effective decisions
- Familiarity with sound systems and terminology
- Familiarity with lighting systems and terminology
- Familiarity with general stagecraft
- Ability to self-direct
- Willingness to jump in and lend a hand
- Flexible schedule–able to work days/nights/weekends
- Customer Service minded
- Working finance knowledge
Physical Requirements/ Working Conditions:
- Stooping/ Bending–Frequent
- Kneeling, Crouching, Crawling–Routinely
- Handling, Fingering, Feeling–Continuously
Lifting/Movement of Materials:
- Lifting Waist High–25 lbs.
- Lifting Shoulder High–20 lbs.
- Lifting Above head–20 lbs.
- Carried Alone–Routinely
- Carried with Someone–Occasional
- Distance Weight must be Carried–various
- Pulled– Occasional
- Held– Occasional
- Driving – Occasional; must have a valid NYS driver’s license
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline is December 10th, 2019. Shea’s Performing Arts Center is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, or disability.