Shea’s Performing Arts Center is seeking qualified candidates for a full-time Operations Coordinator position located in Buffalo, New York. Candidates will assist the Director of Operations on a daily basis with various communications and building projects; have the ability to multi-task and take an active role in meeting the needs of cross-functional project teams; assist at performances; provide support services for several departments but most specifically implement hospitality services.
- Work with various departments of Shea’s to ensure the highest level of patron and client satisfaction.
- Volunteers – Manage all day-to-day correspondence with Volunteers; work with Director of Operations and Manager of Events & Hospitality to coordinate and facilitate quarterly volunteer trainings and an annual education session.
- Performances – Work during performances and problem-solve day of logistics.
- Facilities – Have strong working knowledge of all opening and closing procedures for each venue and areas of Shea’s Performing Arts Center
- Administrative Support – Assist the Director of Operations daily with various communications, organizational needs and building projects. Manage relevant website content. Evaluate, analyze and recommend opportunities for operational efficiency.
- Other duties as assigned.
EVENTS & HOSPITALITY
- Set up – assist with set up for events at each facility.
- Inventory – responsible for inventory and reporting
- Shea’s Bistro & Bar – scheduling reservations, creating nightly floor plans.
- Work with Events & Hospitality staff and volunteers at performances with all related tasks including financial reporting; assist with open houses, email blasts, creating prospect lists.
Education and Experience:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree, ideally in Business, Hospitality or Event Planning
- Minimum of 2 years of Customer Service Experience or theatre management experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to self-direct
- Willingness to jump in and lend a hand
- Honesty and Integrity
- Flexible schedule–able to work days/nights/weekends
- House Management
- Event Planning
- Customer Service minded
- Working finance knowledge
- Problem-solving skills
- Food & Beverage knowledge
- Computer Skills–Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Publisher, Power Point, Outlook
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Kneeling, Crouching, Crawling–Routinely
- Handling, Fingering, Feeling–Continuously
Lifting/Movement of materials
- Lifting Waist High–25 lbs.
- Lifting Shoulder High–20 lbs.
- Lifting Above head–20 lbs.
- Carried Alone–Routinely
- Carried with Someone–Occasional
- Distance Weight must be Carried–various
- Normal Noise–Frequent
- Loud Noise–Occasional
- Driving–Occasional; must have a valid NYS driver’s license
Shea’s Performing Arts Center is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, or disability.
The deadline to apply is July 31, 2019.