Responsible for supporting operations of the Development Department by assisting in planning, managing, implementing and growing the revenue required to support Shea’s Mission, mainly through Shea’s Encore Fundraising Events. Reports to Director of Development
- Responsible for coordinating ongoing fundraising efforts including individual, corporate, foundation and special events.
- Responsible for strategic planning and execution of mainstay Shea’s Encore Events such as Annual Black-Tie Gala, Shea’s Shopping Soiree, Shea’s Wine, Food and Beer Festival, Shea’s Annual President’s Dinner, and more.
- Coordinate logistics for special events, including obtaining sponsorships, solicitation of gifts, marketing and promotion, preparation of related printed materials and total event organization.
- Coordinate logistics of encore event ticket sales.
- Supervises and coordinate with event contractors and/or vendors
- Develop new and creative fundraising activities including but not limited to social media promotions, online campaigns and/or special projects.
- Responsible for development and fulfillment of the events and marketing/promotion budget associated with those events.
- Support Director with budget, projections and goal setting for both revenue and expenses of Encore Events. Help prepare reports and statistics for Development Department.
- Manage all aspects of volunteer committees and coordination, including but not limited to staffing, recruitment, supervision, training and acknowledgement.
- Work with Director of Operations to coordinate volunteer component of Shea’s Encore Events as needed.
- Facilitate ongoing donor cultivation and communication.
- Maintain sustainable relationships with donors, corporations, funding sources, vendors and service organizations.
- Assist in researching, writing or facilitating grant proposals as needed.
- Maintain visibility of Shea’s development activities and maintains good public relations in the community to promote the organization, fundraising activities, and to educate the public about Shea’s mission.
- Work on other fundraising projects as assigned by the Director of Development
- Other duties as requested/assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Goal-oriented, self-motivated, team player; ability to multitask.
- Personal and professional integrity and commitment to Shea’s Mission.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to exhibit highest level of professionalism with donors, prospective donors and Shea’s patrons.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient in computer applications and attention to detail.
- Ability to think and take action both proactively and reactively.
- Previous development, special event and/or fundraising experience preferred.
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree (e.g. MBA) is preferred.
- At least 3+ years of experience in event management, fundraising, sponsorship, sales or cause marketing, preferably in a nonprofit, corporate or foundation environment.
- Experience in building a sponsorship or similar fundraising event program preferred
- Demonstrated success in event planning, logistics and donation solicitation
- Track record of developing corporate partnerships and fundraising is preferred.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Climbing–Frequent (Stairs)
- Stooping/ Bending–Frequent
- Kneeling, Crouching, Crawling–Routinely
- Driving – Occasional; must have a valid NYS driver’s license
Promotion Potential to Senior Development Associate, Deputy Director of Development or TBD.
Resumes, cover letters, and salary history or requirements may be sent to John Schaller, Director of Development. No phone calls, please.