Position Summary: Responsible for the administrative support of the organization’s Leadership Team, as well as support of the organization to include meeting management, personnel support, event planning, grant and sponsorship applications, and purchasing.
- Schedule meetings and act as time keeper.
- Make travel arrangements for staff.
- Open and distribute company mail.
- Record receipt of daily checks and Bank Lockboxes.
- Read and respond daily to Patron Mail.
- Coordinate the scheduling of meetings of the Board and specific board committees, i.e., Executive, Building Projects and Past Chair.
- Take and transcribe minutes for all Board and Executive Committee meetings and the Annual Meeting of Members.
- Coordinate the Annual Meeting of Members including notice and proxy mailing, registration, hand outs.
- Maintain and update the Board and Committee matrix.
- Ticketing for the Board of Trustees and Past Chairs.
- Fill special ticket requests for shows at Shea’s, Broadway, Toronto, Chicago, London, and other cities as needed.
- Process annual subscription renewals and annual dues to trade organizations.
- Attend bi-weekly senior management meeting and take and transcribe minutes as needed.
- Assist with capital purchasing: telephone system, copy machines, shredders. Maintain vendor relations.
- Assist with construction project bid documents.
- Coordinate annual holiday card mailing.
- Post employee absences and maintain database of employees’ earned and used time off, and provide reports to payroll department.
- Post open positions and schedule interviews.
- Manage employee monthly parking.
- Fulfillment of staff complimentary ticketing by show.
- Assist with the planning and invitations for company parties – holiday, summer, potluck, retirement, welcome, and employee enhancements – staff garden and birthdays.
- Create and distribute employee season discount forms.
- Assist staff committees as needed.
- Document support for staffing changes – upon hire and termination of employees.
- Provide supervision of the Receptionist including annual performance reviews and scheduling for absences.
- Provide supervision for Admin Intern.
- Provide direction or support on the following:
- Support development department with application submission
- Assist with Reporting
- Process Engagement Agreements, maintain show files (including electronic data) and archive same.
- Ensure Promoter’s compliance with COI for Liability and Workers Comp requirements.
- Book lodging, ground transportation and air travel for Shea’s shows and OST shows.
- Usher and sell concessions for day shows as needed.
- Provide tours as needed.
- Assist with booking, wardrobe staffing and volunteer scheduling for annual community service event Gowns for Proms.
- Function as Admin Receptionist.
- Step in for receptionist during absences as necessary. Provide daily show wraps, screening phone calls, providing ticketing information and explaining company policy. Process outgoing mail and oversee deliveries.
- Purchase stationary, business cards, name tags and maintain administrative supply inventory.
- Conference Room scheduling and meeting arrangements.
- Process Box tickets for Group Sales and Box Sales Rep.
- Occasionally assist the Finance Department with correspondence, forms, subscriber mailings and ticket sales.
- Assist with company fundraisers and events.
- Record outgoing message of “upcoming events” for Smith Theatre and holiday closing messages.
- Interface with phone and copy machine vendors.
Education and Experience:
- At least 2 years previous experience as a Receptionist or Administrative Assistant
- Associate’s Degree strongly preferred
- Previous experience scheduling meetings and managing schedules
- Experience with typing professional letters of correspondence
- Prior experience with event planning
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs
- Strict attention to detail
- Excellent multi-tasking skills
- A high level of professionalism and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Must be highly organized
Physical and Mental Demands:
- Typical of an office environment, including sitting for extended periods, walking, speaking, hearing, climbing stairs.
- Reasoning ability sufficient to process, analyze and express complex ideas; manage schedules, provide direction; track and manage documentation and complete essential duties of the position.
- Position requires a flexible schedule according to business needs, including potential evenings and weekends.