Responsible for cleaning and maintaining buildings managed by Shea’s Performing Arts Center, keeping all areas neat and tidy.
- Clean and sanitize restrooms/bathrooms using established practices and procedures; refill restroom dispensers.
- Clean, dust, and wipe furniture; sweep, mop, or vacuum floors; empty/clean wastebaskets and trash containers; empty and clean cigarette urns; replace light bulbs.
- Assist with the setup of facilities for meetings, weddings, conferences, events, etc.
- Strip, clean, buff and apply floor sealer and floor finish to hard surface floors, vacuum carpets.
- Use and maintain assigned power equipment and hand tools; buffers, high pressure washers, vacuums, brooms, and mops for the cleaning and general maintenance of floors, walls, carpets, furniture, etc.
- Wash walls and windows; use ladders when required in work assignments.
- Secure building when facilities are not in use checking for unlocked doors; turn off lights.
- Perform cleaning and related activities such as removing snow or debris from sidewalks and stairs surrounding buildings by using hand-operated tools or small power equipment.
- Handle recycling materials.
- Work at assigned performances to keep all public areas visitor-ready.
- Follow instructions regarding the use of chemicals and supplies. Use as directed.
- Safely operate all job related equipment.
- Support and adhere to all policies, safety regulations and guidelines.
- Report damages and acts of vandalism.
- Perform additional job related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma / GED
- Previous cleaning experience a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- team player
- decision making skills
- problem solving skills
- effective listening skills
- communications skills
- time management skills
- work with little supervision
- demonstrated cultural sensitivity and awareness
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions (Click to Read)
If you are concerned you do not meet all of the job requirements, we still encourage you to apply. Skills and abilities come from different types of experiences, and many can be learned when working with us. Shea’s Performing Arts Center is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes and values diversity, inclusion, and equity in all forms.