Lead employee for Environmental Services Team. Responsible for cleaning and maintaining buildings and grounds managed by Shea’s Performing Arts Center. In support of the Supervisor, the Team Leader coordinates the daily work plan for employees.
- Direct and delegate work to the Environmental Services staff
- Assist with the training of new Environmental Services employees
- Provide input into performance evaluations for cleaners
- Maintain consistent quality and guarantee that all Shea’s facilities are clean and visitor-ready at all times
- Perform all cleaning activities in Shea’s facilities
- Clean and sanitize restrooms/bathrooms using established practices and procedures; refill restroom dispensers.
- Clean, dust, and wipe furniture; sweep, mop, or vacuum floors; empty/clean wastebaskets and trash containers; empty and clean cigarette urns; replace light bulbs.
- Strip, clean, buff and apply floor sealer and floor finish to hard surface floors, vacuum carpets.
- Use and maintain assigned power equipment and hand tools; buffers, high pressure washers, vacuums, brooms, and mops for the cleaning and general maintenance of floors, walls, carpets, furniture, etc.
- Wash walls and windows; use ladders when required in work assignments.
- Assist with the setup of facilities for meetings, weddings, conferences, events, etc.
- Secure building when facilities are not in use checking for unlocked doors; turn off lights.
- Remove snow or debris from sidewalks and stairs surrounding buildings by using hand-operated tools or small power equipment.
- Handle recycling materials.
- Work at assigned performances to keep all public areas visitor-ready.
Education and Experience:
- Hard worker.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Willingness to learn new and innovative procedures.
- Minimum one year experience in environmental services work
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of all cleaning procedures required throughout facility.
- Ability to operate all maintenance machines and associated duties.
- Flexible schedule.
- Attention to detail.