Full Time (40 hours per week, 50% local travel)
Shea’s Performing Arts Center seeks an experienced program coordinator to arrange and track multiple, simultaneous arts residencies across Allegany, Cattaraugus, Chautauqua, Erie, Genesee, Niagara, Orleans, and Wyoming counties. The Arts Engagement Coordinator will provide support to Shea’s teaching artists, arrange production-related engagement events, identify relevant funding opportunities, maintain program-related data, and perform other duties as assigned.
This position entails core work hours of 8:30 am – 5:00 pm with some evenings and weekends. The individual hired in this position will report to the Director of Arts Engagement and Education.
Must have valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle. Mileage paid at Federal rate.
- Coordinate small and large-scale teaching artist residencies at Shea’s Performing Arts Center and in community groups, organizations, schools, and corporations throughout Allegany, Cattaraugus, Chautauqua, Erie, Genesee, Niagara, Orleans, and Wyoming counties.
- Conduct pre-residency, mid-course, and post-residency meetings with relevant points of contact; troubleshoot and course-correct residencies as necessary.
- Provide access to relevant training for community stakeholders in preparation for arts residencies.
Teaching Artist Development
- Recruit, train, and support new, emerging, and seasoned teaching artists.
- Process teaching artists’ letters of agreement, background checks, and payments.
- Prepare training sessions and materials for all Shea’s teaching artists.
- Research national trends in teaching artistry and attend training sessions for front line teaching artists and administrators.
- Schedule classes, workshops, and backstage tours with guest artists from Broadway tours and traveling shows.
- Arrange teaching artists, panels, and guests for engagements at Shea’s Buffalo, Shea’s Smith and Shea’s 710, and for Shea’s Free Family Film Series.
- Assist community partners with identifying sources of funding for programs.
- Prepare grant language, data, and reports for submissions by Shea’s Development department.
- Identify and develop fee-for-service opportunities.
- Research and create metrics, rubrics, and assessments for all programming.
- Collect, analyze, track, and package data from all Shea’s residencies, classes, and workshops.
- Document residencies with photo and video, in collaboration with photographers and videographers.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two years of experience in non-profit program management
- Passion for equity and inclusion in the arts
- Mastery of Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Broad cultural competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Strong research acumen
- Experience with arts education program assessments
- Grantwriting knowledge
Please submit cover letter and resume to Thembi Duncan, Director of Arts Engagement and Education, at firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, September 10. Subject Line: Arts Engagement Coordinator [First Name_Last Name]. This is a permanent, full-time position. Salary is commensurate with experience. RESUMES WITHOUT COVER LETTERS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.
Shea’s Performing Arts Center prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, familial status, sexual orientation, marital status, handicap, genetic information, domestic violence victim, disability, military status, or status as a special disabled veteran, other veteran covered by the Vietnam Era Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as amended, and any other legally protected status. Shea’s does not tolerate harassment or discrimination in any form. Shea’s is an equal opportunity employer.
About Shea’s Arts Engagement and Education
The Shea’s Performing Arts Center Department of Arts Engagement and Education seeks to facilitate multiple opportunities for all individuals in Buffalo and Western New York to experience:
- Arts engagement – community-building through shared arts experiences
- Arts integration – connecting art forms to educational objectives in a structured learning environment , and
- Arts education – learning the principles of the artistic process
Partnering with a variety of community stakeholders is essential to facilitating expansive, consistent arts immersion that can create a pathway to 21st century skills such as initiative, effective communication, flexibility, and creative problem-solving. We intend to provide support to communities across Western New York by implementing school-based classes in dramatic writing and performance, community theatre-making events, and professional development sessions for educators and organizational leaders.